Tuesday 7 January 2014

Who Does God Say I Am?

I am a child of God.
  • But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: - John 1:12
I am a branch of the true vine, and a conduit of Christ's life.
  • I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.  Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.  Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.  I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. - John 15:1-5
I am a friend of Jesus.
  • Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. - John 15:15
I have been justified and redeemed.
  • for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: - Romans 3:23-24
  • knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. - Romans 6:6
I will not be condemned by God, I have been set free from the law of sin and death.
  • There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. - Romans 8:1-2
 As a child of God, I am a fellow heir with Christ. 
  • and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. - Romans 8:17
I have been accepted by Christ.
  • that ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God. Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: - Romans 15:6-8
I have been called to be a saint.
  • unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours: - 1 Corinthians 1:2
  • Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus: - Ephesians 1:1
  • Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons: - Philippians 1:1
  • to the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. - Colossians 1:2
In Christ Jesus, I have wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and redemption.
  • But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: - 1 Corinthians 1:30 
My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who dwells in me.
  • Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? - 1 Corinthians 3:16
  • What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? - 1 Corinthians 6:19
I am joined to the Lord and am one spirit with him.
  • But he who is joined to the Lord becomes one spirit with him. - 1 Corinthians 6:17
God leads me in the triumph and knowledge of Christ.
  • Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place. - 2 Corinthians 2:14
The hardening of my mind has been removed in Christ.
  • but their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. - 2 Corinthians 3:14
I am a new creature in Christ.
  • Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. - 2 Corinthians 5:17
I have become the righteousness of God in Christ.
  • For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. - 2 Corinthians 5:21
I have been made one with all who are in Christ Jesus.
  • There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. - Galatians 3:28 
I am no longer a slave but a child of an heir.
  • Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. - Galatians 4:7
I have been set free in Christ.
  • Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. - Galatians 5:1
I have been blessed with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places.
  • Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, - Ephesians 1:3
I am chosen, holy, and blameless before God.
  • according as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: - Ephesians 1:4
I am redeemed and forgiven by the grace of Christ.
  • in whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; - Ephesians 1:7
I have been predestined by God to obtain an inheritance.
  • having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: that in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: in whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: I have been sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise. - Ephesians 1:9-11
  • in whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, - Ephesians 1:13 
Because of God's mercy and love, I have been made alive with Christ.
  • But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) - Ephesians 2:4-5
I am seated in the heavenly places with Christ.
  • and hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: - Ephesians 2:6
I am God's workmanship created to produce good works.
  • For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. - Ephesians 2:10
I have been brought near to God by the blood of Christ.
  • but now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. - Ephesians 2:13
I am a member of Christ's body and a partaker of His promise.
  • that the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: - Ephesians 3:6
  • for we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. - Ephesians 5:30
I have boldness and confident access to God through faith in Christ.
  • in whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him. - Ephesians 3:12
My new self is righteous and holy.
  • that ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; and be renewed in the spirit of your mind; and that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. I was formerly darkness, but now I am light in the Lord. - Ephesians 4:22-24
  • For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: - Ephesians 5:8 
I am a citizen of heaven.
  • For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: - Philippians 3:20
The peace of God guards my heart and mind.
  • And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:7
God supplies all my need
  • But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:19
I have been made complete in Christ.
  • For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: - Colossians 2:9-10
I have been raised up with Christ.
  • If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. - Colossians 3:1 
My life is hidden with Christ in God.
  • For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. - Colossians 3:3
Christ is my life, and I will be revelaed with him in glory.
  •  When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. - Colossians 3:4
I have been chosen of God, and I am holy and beloved.
  • Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; - Colossians 3:12
God loves me and has chosen me.
  • knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God. - 1 Thessalonians 1:4

No comments:

Post a Comment