Tuesday 17 February 2015

FREE WILL VS. THE BIBLE (What Every Arminian & Pelagian Needs To Know From Scripture)

by Dr. Reg Barrow

"Free will" is represented by "Arminianism teaches" below.


Arminianism teaches:
‘... and as many as believed were ordained to eternal life.’

THE BIBLE TEACHES: ‘AND AS MANY AS WERE ORDAINED TO ETERNAL LIFE BELIEVED.’ (Acts 13:48)

Arminianism teaches:
"For many are called, but few choose."
THE BIBLE TEACHES: ‘FOR MANY ARE CALLED, BUT FEW ARE CHOSEN.’ (Matt. 22:14)

Arminianism teaches:
"Make your decision for Christ."
THE BIBLE TEACHES: ‘All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.’ (Matt. 11:27)

Arminianism teaches: "I accepted Jesus as my personal saviour."
THE BIBLE TEACHES: ‘Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you (John 15:16). Also: But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace, to reveal his Son in me.’ (Paul’s testimony in Galatians 1:15,16)

Arminianism teaches:
"God can’t save you unless you let him, it is your choice."
THE BIBLE TEACHES: ‘So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy...Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.’ (Romans 9:16, 18).

Arminianism teaches:
"God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life."
THE BIBLE TEACHES: ‘(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth:) It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. As it is written, Jacob have I loved but Esau have I hated.’ (Rom. 9:11-13).

Arminianism teaches:
"God wants everyone to be saved."
THE BIBLE TEACHES: ‘And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables: That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand...’ (Mark 4:11,12).

No comments:

Post a Comment