Wednesday 19 October 2016

YOUR HOLY WILL

By Hall V. Worthington
Teach me to do your will for you are my God; your spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness. Psa 143:10
The will of our glorious God is for us to know Him, to seek Him as our first priority, and be drawn out of darkness by our love for Him. To give up living to our own will and die to self. To give to others as if to Him. To believe in the Light which is Him, and wait quietly for Him who is within each of us, so He can re-create us to be pure as He is pure, and bring us to see Him in his glory. To adore Him forever, and to be his sons, in total union with Him —so that all of our thoughts, words, and actions are controlled by the promptings of God —His will, not our will.

To seek Him as our first priority
But seek first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things will be added to you. Mat 6:33
To seek God, find him, and be united with him is the single and sole purpose of life. He [God] has made from one blood all nations of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined the allotted times and the boundaries of their habitation; so that they should seek the Lord, and perhaps might feel after Him and find Him, though He is not far from every one of us. For in Him we live and move and have our being. One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. Acts 17:26-28, Eph 4:6
Keep on seeking and you will find. Mat 7:7 
If ...you will seek the LORD your God, you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul. Deu 4:29
To do the will of the Father to not be banned from heaven. 
Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the kingdom of heaven; but [only] he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Mat 7:21
Even those who think they are Christians, will be banned, unless they do the will of the Father.

To come to Jesus, silently listen, hear him speak to you, and then obey his commands.
This is My Son, My Chosen One and My Beloved; listen to and yield to and obey Him! Luke 9:35
To believe in the light – which is Him
In him was life; and the life was the light of men. John 1:4
He will bring to light the hidden things of darkness and expose the motives of your hearts. 1 Cor 4:5 
While you have light, believe in the light, that you may be the children of light. John 12:36 [While in the Light, as it shows you the condition and motives of your heart and teaches you, believe in the light —that the Light is Christ, who is the Light; that you may become children of the Light. For in Christ is the Life, the light of all men. And God is Light.]
In his Journal, George Fox spoke of turning inward to the Light:

I showed them the true worship which Christ had set up, and distinguished Christ the true way from all the false ways, opening the parables to them, and turning them from darkness to the true light, that by it they might see themselves, their sins, and Christ their savior; that believing in him they might be saved from their sins.
I am the Light of the world, he that follows me shall not wait in darkness, but shall have the Light of Life. John 8:12 
To give up living to our own will and die to self, so we can live by His will

In Letter Number 45, George Fox said:

And those who were of the second birth, were taught by God, and needed no man to teach them; and had come into the everlasting covenant. And those are the second birth, who are born again of the immortal seed by the will of God, and not by the will of man.

To leave the pleasures and lusts of this life and turn to Him
So that he should not live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God. 1 Pet. 4:2 
For it is written: those who are in the flesh cannot please God. Rom 8:8 
To turn inward and wait quietly for Him to re-create us to be pure like Him

As George Fox wrote of in his Letter Number 56:

Therefore, hearken to that, and take heed to that which calls your minds out of the vile affections, and the world's lusts, to have them renewed; the same will turn your minds to God, the same light will set your affections above, and bring you to wait for the pure wisdom from God from on high, that it may be justified. Wait all in that which calls your minds inward, and turns them to God; and here the cross is witnessed, so that the mind shall feed upon nothing but the pure light of God, and on the living food which comes from the living God.
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify for himself a people who are his very own, zealous for good works. Titus 2:14. 
That he would grant to us, that being delivered out of the hand of our enemies we might serve him without fear, in holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life. Luke 1:74-75 
Truly my soul silently waits upon God; From him comes my salvation. Psa 62:1 
Let your mercy and loving kindness, O Lord, be upon us, in proportion to our waiting and hoping on you. Psa 33:22 
 To give to others as if we are giving to Him, because He is in each person:
'Truly I say to you that as you have done so to one of the least of these my brothers, you have done so to me.’ Matt 25:40 
Owe no man anything, but to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law... Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. Rom. 13:8-10 [But until you are filled with love, by dying to self, you cannot completely love your neighbor as yourself, nor can you fulfill the law, yet.]
To defer —yielding our will to others —as a practice to make our own will subside. We should do this in all cases, unless it is immoral, dangerous, or of major consequence.
And he sat down, and called the twelve, and said to them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all. Mark 9:35 
Let every man look out not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Phil 2:4 
If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; you also should wash one another's feet. John 13:14 
To worship him in Spirit and truth 
But the time comes, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth for the Father seeks such to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."John 4:23-24 
We should, indeed, surrender our whole being to Christ; and cease to live any longer in ourselves, we are lost in him; and this can be effected only by the annihilation of self, which being the true prayer of adoration, renders to “God, and to the Lamb, blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, forever and ever.”

This is the prayer of truth: it is “worshiping God in spirit and truth.” because here we come to know the Spirit to help our infirmities, and make intercession for us; and being thus influenced by the pure spirit of God, we are drawn forth and freed from our own carnal and corrupt manner of praying [to that of quiet waiting]. We can pay due honor to the Almighty only in our own annihilation which is no sooner accomplished, than he, who never suffers a void in nature, instantly fills us with himself. From: Guide to True Peace
It is the spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life-giving. John 6:63
George Fox in his Journal talks about this worship of silence:

So all may come to drink into that one spirit, that does baptize them and circumcise them, plunging down and cutting off the body of the sins of the flesh, that has gotten up in man and woman by their transgressing of God's commands. So that in this holy pure spirit all may serve and worship the pure God in spirit and in truth.
He has given us free will so that we have the possibility of giving something precious to Him: the gift of our will.
And He said to me, “The gift of My will is a gift of Me”
He who has my commands and obeys them, it is he who loves me; and he who loves me shall be loved by my Father, and I will love him and show myself to him." John 14:21
We should give up our whole existence to God, from the strong and positive conviction that while we are faithfully endeavoring to follow him, the occurrence of every moment is agreeable to his immediate will and permission, and just such as our state requires. From: A Guide to True Peace
Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; I wait on you all the day. Psa 25:5
We can trust our Lord's will to complete his union with us because he is all knowing, all wisdom, all loving:

He knows all – He walks outside of time –sees all that has happened and all that will happen, and can change it whenever it is good to do so. He can change the universe to his ends.
That which has been is now; and that which is to be has already been. Ecc 3:15 
Who is like me? Let him proclaim and declare it and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people. And let them show the things that are coming, and shall come. Isa 44:7 
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the visible things were not made from anything we can see. Heb 11:3 
Come near to Me, hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, I was there. And now the Lord GOD and His Spirit have sent me.” Isa 48:16 
Remember the former things of old, for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, 'My purpose shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.' Isa. 46:9-10
While waiting on the Lord, I once saw His face — and Eternity went out from it.
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, said the Lord, who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty. Rev. 1:8
He is wisdom – He sees when and how existence should be changed – so to be guided by Him should be our fondest hope.
He has made the earth by his power, he has established the world by his wisdom, and has stretched out the heavens by his discretion. Jer 10:12 
Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight; but all things are naked and opened to the eyes of him with whom we have to do. Heb 4:13 
O the depth of the riches, both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways are beyond discovery by man! Rom 11:33 
Have you not known? Have you not heard? That the everlasting God, the Lord, The Creator of the ends of the earth, does not fain, neither is he weary? There is no searching of his understanding. Isa. 40:28 
The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, before the earth was formed...Then I was by him, as one brought up with him; and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him. Prov 8:22-31 
[And Jesus, in his wisdom said], that repentance and release from bondage of sins should be preached in his name to all nations. Luke 24:47
He is holy goodness, faithfulness and love – so He sees from the perspective of unselfish giving, from purity – what is best for each person, each moment.
This is how the love of God was shown to us: by God sending his only begotten Son into the world, so that we might live through him. 1 John 4:9 
And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love; and he who dwells in love dwells in God, and God in him. 1 John 4:16 
Then I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True. Rev 19:11 
Faithful is he who calls you, who also will do it. 1 Th 5:24 
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Rom 8:38-39 
Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Luke 12:32 
Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground without your Father knowing. The very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore, you are of more value than many sparrows. Mat 10:29-31 
We are blind to what is best —even to what is happening —so to have his all knowing will is a treasure. 
And I will bring the blind by a way that they did not know; I will lead them in paths that they have not known. I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things I will do for them, and not forsake them. Isa 42:16
He is the Truth. When you get in a place of trouble, failings, doubt, dryness, guilt, temptation, fear, wants … throw yourself on His will, and he will make it perfect.

He is a shield to cover and protect us when we trust his moving in our life.
He who dwells in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in him will I trust." He shall cover you with his feathers, and under his wings shall you trust; his truth shall be your shield and protective wall. Psa 91:1-2,4 
Keep me as the apple [pupil] of your eye; hide me under the shadow of your wings. Psa 17:8 
Every word of God is pure; he is a shield to those who put their trust in him. Pro 30:5 
Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully. 1 Pe 5:7 
The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms; and he shall thrust out the enemy from before you; Deut 33:27 
For this purpose the Son of God is revealed [in us], that He might destroy [in us] the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8 
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isa 41:10 
Fear not, stand still and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will show to you today... The LORD will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace and keep silent. Ex 14:13-14
While waiting on the Lord, I heard Him say: "You are with the Power of the universe"

You have your keeper, the power of God, who neither slumbers nor sleeps, and will keep you until that day. George Fox Letter #265 , Psa 121:5
I, the Lord, am its Keeper; I water it every moment; lest anyone harm it, I guard and keep it night and day. Isa 27:3 
...All things are naked and opened to the eyes of him with whom we have to do. Heb 4:13 
Even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore Luke 12:7 
For we do not have a high priest who cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but one who was in all ways tempted like we are, yet without sin. Heb 4:15 
If we do not deny our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9 
And my God will supply all your needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Phil 4:19 
When we follow, what comes is of Him. He showed me to wait, and He would bring His will to me.
But those who wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isa 40:31
George Fox wrote about the support of the Lord when he waited on his help:

But the Lord fixed my desires upon himself, from whom my help came, and my cares were cast on him alone. Therefore, all wait patiently upon the Lord, whatever condition. [so we can pray that He make us desire Him and that He anchor us to Him]
But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. James 1:4
For: By your firm and patient endurance do you attain the true Life of your souls. Luke 21:19 
Blessed is the man who hears me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. Prov 8:34 
Our soul waits for the LORD; he is our help and our shield. Psa 33:20 
Wait on the LORD! Be of good courage and let your heart be confident! Wait, I say, on the LORD! Psa 27:14 
Even the LORD God of hosts; the LORD is His name. Therefore return to your God; keep mercy and justice and wait on your God continually. Hosea 12:5-6 
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Rom 8:28 
For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by ear, nor has the eye seen a God besides you, who acts for the one who waits for Him. Isa 64:4 
Truly my soul silently waits upon God; from him comes my salvation. Psa 62:1
When we follow his will and are led out of the world to Him, He has promised us things almost beyond comprehension. To be his brethren, to share in the divine nature, and to be united with Him eternally.
By which exceedingly great and precious promises are given to us, that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. 2 Pet 1:4
From George Fox's Letter Number 260:

Truth makes free from all these; and makes free to be partakers of Christ Jesus, and of his blood, and his spirit, and mind; who is the prince of peace, and prince of life; and makes free to be partakers of the divine nature and precious faith;
For whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother. Mat. 12:50
While waiting on the Lord, I saw that after He has brought us to be pure and holy, we can mingle with his essence-like two breaths joining as One. Then we will see, as He sees-and feel Him always with us, never to be apart. We are still there, but we do whatever He sees is to be done-and adore Him as He truly Is.
And the glory which you gave me I have given them; so that they may be one, just as we are one. I in them, and you in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that you have sent me, and have loved them, as you have loved me. John 17:22-23 
"BLESSED ARE THE PURE IN HEART, FOR THEY SHALL SEE GOD" Mat 5:8
The Lord calls His Father’s will: "Your good pleasure," and "good in your sight." He treasured and extolled the goodness of that will. So should we treasure his will for us.
In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit and said, I thank you, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent, and have revealed them to babes, even so, Father, for it seemed good in your sight. Luke 10:21 
Having made known to us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he has purposed in himself. Eph 1:9 
For it is God who brings forth in you, both the desire, and the work according to his good pleasure. Phil 2:13 [so we can pray that He will make us want to do His will]
He is the Lord of the universe, and even He did not do his own will.
Then I said, 'Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me), to do your will, O God.' Heb 10:7 
The Son can do nothing of himself [by his own will], but only does what he sees the Father do. For whatever things he [the Father] does, these are also likewise done by the Son. John 5:19 
Of my own self, I can do nothing. I judge only as I hear, [the Father's words of judgment]; and my judgment is just, because I do not seek my own will, but the will of the Father who has sent me. John 5:30 [So, even Christ did not make his own decisions. Notice, Jesus said he only did the will of the Father, not his own. In Mat. 7:21, Jesus said: Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but [only] he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. So here Jesus tells us what is necessary to go to heaven —to do nothing of ourselves —to only say what we hear the Father tell us to say- to only do what the Father shows us to do —to only judge how we are told to judge by the Father. So, we are not to think for ourselves —we are to only follow the promptings of the Father. We must have our carnal mind destroyed to the point that we speak and act from the promptings of the Spirit of God; this is the end of obedience —to think, speak, and act according to God's promptings.]
For I have not spoken of myself, but from the Father who sent me and commanded me what I should say and what I should speak. And I know that [to obey] his command is life everlasting. Therefore, whatever I speak is just as the Father has told me to speak. John 12:49-50 
He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but he who seeks the glory of the One who sent him, that man is true, and there is no unrighteousness in him. John 7:18 
Now my soul is troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour? But for this purpose I have come to this hour. Father, glorify your name. Then there came a voice from heaven, saying, "I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again." John 12:27-28 
Saying, Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me; nevertheless not my will, but yours be done. Luke 22:42 
Then said Jesus to Peter, "Put your sword up in its sheath; shall I not drink the cup that my Father has given me?" John 18:11 
But so that the world may know that I love the Father, I only do exactly as the Father has instructed me to do Arise, let us go from here. John 14:31 
I have glorified you on the earth; I have finished the work that you gave me to do. John 17:4 
The Lord is our pattern to copy and follow. He shows us how to die so that we might come to be reconciled to God. To give our life in the flesh as the ultimate gift. 
For I came down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me. John 6:38 
And he who sent me is with me. The Father has not left me alone, for I do always those things that please him. John 8:29 
Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the kingdom of heaven; but [only] he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Mat 7:21.
So all people may see by Christ's own words, that their saying and speaking of God and Christ, and his prophets and apostles, signifies nothing, except they do his will; that is, practice it, and be obedient to what he commands and requires. ( From George Fox's Letter 321).
Indeed, to them you are like a very lovely song of one who has a pleasant voice and can play well on an instrument, for they hear your words but they do not do [obey] them. Eze 33:32 
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. James 1:22 
If you keep my commands [the commands you hear him speak to you from within your heart], you shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commands [that Jesus heard spoken to him], and abide in his love. John 15:10. 
Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends, if you do whatever I command you. John 15:13-14 
Then said Jesus to his disciples, "If any man desires to come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me." Mat 16:24. And whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple. So likewise, whoever does not forsake all that he has cannot be my disciple. Luke 14:27,33. 
He who does not take his cross, and follow after me, is not worthy of me. Mat 10:38. 
So deny yourself and pick up your cross daily to follow him. For whoever desires to save his life shall lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it. Luke 9:23-24
  • He died on the cross to show us how to die on our spiritual cross. 
  • He is the pattern Son, to show us how to die spiritually to self. 
  • And the cross to us is nothing compared to his. It is easy and light. 
  • When we sit and wait on Him and watch for at least an hour, our will is to get up and do something else. 
  • When He shows us our condition, our will is to run or deny that we are that bad. 
  • When He commands to give up doing certain things, our will is to keep doing them. 
  • So when we do the opposite of our will and repent, we are on the cross, dying to self. 
  • This is the process of repentance.
  • Here we can be led by Him, cleansed by Him, taught by Him, and come to Know Him. 
  • Our death is a spiritual death. 
  • To share the cross with Christ, however light ours is.
  • To share death with Christ, however easy ours is.
  • To share the resurrection with Christ, both to his glory. 
  • We see the effects of the changes in us-in breathless awe and loving thanksgiving,
  • and we begin to understand why he came and what he is doing. 
For Jesus said: "unless you repent, all of you will also perish." Luke 13:3,5 
If any other way but bearing the cross, and dying to his own will, could have redeemed man from a fallen and corrupt state, Jesus would have taught it, and established it by his example. (From: Guide to True Peace)
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus; who, though He was one with God and in the form of God, did not think this equality with God was something to be grasped; but made himself of no reputation, and took upon himself the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men. And being found in the likeness of man, he humbled himself further, and became obedient to death, even the death of the cross! Phil 2:5-8 
I beseech you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service and worship. Rom 12:1 
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you will [then] find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” [While waiting on the Lord, I saw that taking his yoke upon us is being trained, and suffering through the cleansing process to the point of having his will rather than our own. Then the yoke and the burden is easy and we have rest.] Mat 11:28-30 
Watch, stand fast in the faith, conduct yourself like men, be strong. Let everything you do, be done with love. 1 Cr 16:13-14 
By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left. 2 Cor 6:7 
Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving; Col 4:2 
He died to bring us into a fully resurrected state, with His spirit and power leading us.

Also, so we can then help others die to self and grow to maturity in Him. This is His garden of love – to grow love by the choice of giving and love, rather than self will.
And Jesus answered them, saying, "The hour has come for the Son of man to be glorified.  Truly, truly, I say to you, except a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it yields many more grains to harvest. He who loves his life shall lose it; and he who hates his life in this world shall keep it to life eternal. If any man wants to serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there my servant will also be. If any man serves me, my Father will honor him. John 12:23-26
From George Fox's Journal:

…and God's tender blade, which springs up from his seed of life, who waters it with his heavenly water and word of life every moment, that they may grow and be fruitful... My dear friends, my desire is, that this heavenly seed, that bruises down the head of the serpent both within and without, may be your crown and life, and you in him one another's crown and joy, to the praise of the Lord God over all, blessed for evermore.

From George Fox's Letter Number 24:

but grow up in the inner man, (putting off the old man with his deeds) as trees of righteousness, which the Lord has planted, growing in wisdom and understanding to do the will of God, and not your own wills. He who does the will of God abides in that which endures forever.

Follow peace and holiness with all men, without which no man will see the Lord. Heb 12:14 (While waiting on the Lord, we were given understanding that part of pursuing peace with every man is to never say anything critical about anyone or any group —however they might really deserve it; leave it unsaid. This trains the mind to be tolerant and therefore more peaceful with others. When we get completed, with spiritual discernment, the Lord can lead us to any criticisms he feels that are necessary.)

As George Fox said in his journal: by your fruits is he glorified, (as Christ said), in your bringing forth much fruit, fruits of righteousness, holiness, godliness, virtue, truth, and purity; This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples John 15:8

God's grace and salvation are provided to create a people dedicated to doing his will in works prompted by him — to show the love of God to the world. 

The purpose of grace...to purify a people who are His very own, zealous for good works." Titus 2:11-14
That you might walk worthy of the Lord, pleasing in all things, being fruitful in every good work,.. Col 1:10 
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, Eph 2:10 
Now the God of peace... Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you what is well pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ. Heb 13:20-21. 
While we are seeking with all our heart, turning over our will to Yours as a cross to our will, we can accept with sureness whatever comes. It brings such  confidence to have Your ordering of our seeking and walking and life – and to have the promise of Your direction when we become pure. You order the universe so that all things work together for good to those who love God. The more we give our will to Yours, the easier it is to guide us.
Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he shall bring it to pass. He shall bring forth your righteousness like the light, and your justice like the noonday. Psa 37:5-6 
This is the LORD's doing; it is marvelous in our eyes. Psa 118:23 
And the world passes away and disappears, along with its desires and lusts; but he who does the will of God in his life, remains forever. 1 John 2:17
In order to be freed from this darkness where we exist, we have to follow our guide and our Lord, but why would we not want to? He is the glory, the power, the wisdom, the love of the universe, and He wants us united as one with Him. To bring us out of lusts to a sinless state; to have His divine nature, to share His existence, to adore Him —and even to bring glory to His name.

He once said to me, "This is the hardest thing —this is the only thing."

It is not an easy thing, this redirection of our very being, but it is the joy, the hope, the reason for life.
And he said, 'The God of our fathers has chosen you, that you should know his will, and see the Righteous One, and should hear the voice from his mouth. Acts 22:14 
And by this we know that we know him: if we keep [obey] his commands. 1 John 2:3 
And Those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh [the sinful nature] with its passions and desires [lusts and affections]. Gal 5:24 
Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. James 4:8 
Once as I was praying for Him to bring me to the most that He would have me be – then I saw Him standing near me – in such power and majesty and purity and splendor, that I could not breathe. And He looked at me and said to me, “I want you to be me.” And I knew He meant: “to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ Eph 4:13.” I saw He was so far above us that it was beyond description, and I knew that ONLY He could bring me to that. But I also immediately knew that all things are possible with Him, and so I could accept that He could make that cataclysmic change. And in that knowing, my faith in Him grew, and an even more experiential hope for the fulfilling of his wondrous great promise. We are truly to be brought to be holy as He is holy – into the beauty, and majesty, and the divine nature that is Him —so we can be One with Him forever. Oh, the goodness – that He would share Himself with us so.
Christ in you, the hope of glory. Col 1:27
'Speak, Lord, for now your poor servants hear.’ Oh! that your will may be done, your great, your good and holy will, in earth as it is in heaven! Do it in us, do it upon us, do what you will with us; for we are yours, and desire to glorify you our Creator, both for that, and because you are our redeemer. For you are redeeming us from the earth, from the vanities and pollution's of it, to be a peculiar people to you. William Penn

The more we give up our will and welcome His, the more we are given to see that everything that comes in front of us is controlled and directed by Him. Each step directed, our eyes as His see. There is such peace in this knowing. There is an infusion of sureness —that the completion of our dream, our quest, is assured.
And do not be conformed to this world; but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is the good, acceptable, and perfect will of God. Rom 12:2 
Therefore if the Son makes you free, you are truly free. John 8:36 
Rejoice, you have left "the broad way" and found the narrow way that leads to LIFE that few find. Mat 7:13-14 
For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by ear, nor has the eye seen a God beside you, who acts for the one who Waits for him. Isa 64:4 
Teach me to do your will for you are my God; your spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness. Psa 143:10 
If any man desires to do God's will, he will know whether my teaching is from God, or if I speak from myself. John 7:17
http://www.hallvworthington.com/holywill.html

No comments:

Post a Comment